Sunday, January 25, 2015

திருமதி.சோனியா காந்தி பற்றிய வெளிவந்த நூலை குறித்து இந்த வார out look இதழ் வெளியிட்டுள்ள கட்டுரை குறிப்புகள்.


RAJIV’S GIRL ETERNALLY.
Sonia would recall how India spoke to her in French, knowing she was more fluent in it. Later when she ripped the hem of her dress, she took out a needle and thread and stitched it up.
Her father told Rajiv, “ I only have to look you in the eye to see what you’re like. I do not doubt you. My doubts have to do with my daughter. She’s too young to know what she wants”.
Her mother Paola burst into tears when she saw Sonia, her head covered in a red and purple veil, wearing jasmine bracelets and necklaces, hands, feet covered in Mehendi.
On June 20, 1975, the party organized a solidarity rally. Sanjay suggested the whole family be there, “I’d prefer it if you didn’t decide for us, “ Rajiv spat Back at him.
A month before Sanjay’s crash, DGCA Air Marshal J. Zaheer had told his superiors how Sanjay persistently violated the security code. He was replaced by his second-in-command.
After the announcement from the doctors, Sonia asked Pupul to accompany her to choose clothes for Indira’s final journey. They chose her favorite-a pale-rose sari.
“They’ll kill you,” Sonia told Rajiv when he said he was being asked to become prime minister. “I have no choice, they’ll kill me anyway, whether I’m in power or not.”
Around midnight, Priyanka was informed of her father’s death. It was left to the 19-years-old to break the new to her mother. Sonia let out a guttural cry, then began coughing and choking.
It was lunchtime at Harvard when Priyanka called Rahul. She asked a classmate to tell him to call home. An hour later, he heard the news “I knew it, I knew it,” the young man wailed.
They did not see Rajiv. They could not. They were told the body was in such bad shape that it couldn’t be embalmed. They only saw the coffins, his and his bodyguard Pradip Gupta’s.
“I would it by failing Congress, I‘ll fail Nehru Indira, Rajiv,”Sonia and Amitabh. “Don’t confuse them with the leaders of now. They are sycophants,” he told her. Priyanka disagreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#*LIFE is such a fragile thing*

#*LIFE is such a fragile thing* , a priceless treasure that you are given to guard and make use of to the best of your ability. It will not ...