Sunday, August 25, 2019

CURLY WEE IN THE MAIL!


Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor

CURLY WEE IN THE MAIL!
I went down to Mount Road this morning to take people on a Walk for Madras Day 2019 and didn't find Curly Wee at the gate of The Mail. Rather three securitymen, without guns but smartly dressed were ready to go up to the terrace of the office of the now-defunct evening newspaper to hoist the tri-colour.

The Mail got me hooked to journalism when I was eight. I read it end to end after my Dad had consumed what he preferred. Since the newspaper's office was 75mts from home I often used to stop at its gates to read the headline-carrying poster on the boards.
In college, The Mail's senior Ed, one Kumaraswamy handled our Journalism classes. He would publish my 4-line news from campus and from the neighbourhood. My name appeared in the letters column, where the first missile cribbed about the Route 27E PTC bus which ferried us from home to Loyola.
The Mail's centenary year board survives on that office; so does the landmark building. The eveninger folded up in 1981.
Madras can do with a zing eveninger that must be out at 1 p.m. ( There's some rag called News Today that somehow survives) With a diverse transport system, this paper can piggyback on its commuters. Five bucks. It doesn't have to be a rag or a Daily Mail. I have a iPad design for it.
Will it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#கனவாகிப்போனகச்சத்தீவு #கச்சதீவு #KanavaiPonaKachaTheevu #Katchatheevu

‘*கனவாகிப் போன கச்சத்தீவு’ என்னும் என்னுடைய விரிவு படுத்தப்பட்ட நான்காவது பதிப்பு வெளிவருகிறது.  நண்பர்கள், ஊடக தோழர்கள், பல்கலைக்கழகம் மற்ற...