Monday, March 6, 2023

Shakespeare

#*


"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts."
As You Like It, Act 2, Scene 7
****

"To be, or not to be—that is the question
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep"
Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1
****

"O gentlemen, the time of life is short!
To spend that shortness basely were too long,
If life did ride upon a dial's point,
Still ending at the arrival of an hour."

Henry IV, Act 5, Scene 2
****

"Let life be short: else shame will be too long."
Henry V, Act 4, Scene 5
****

Henry VI

The sands are number'd that make up my life;
Here must I stay, and here my life must end."
Henry VI, Act 1, Scene 4
****

"I cannot tell what you and other men
Think of this life; but, for my single self,
I had as lief not be as live to be
In awe of such a thing as I myself."
Julius Caesar, Act 1, Scene 2
****

"Thy life's a miracle."
King Lear, Act 4, Scene
****

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on and our little life is rounded with a sleep."
The Tempest, Act 4, Scene 1
****

"It is silliness to live when to live is torment; and then have we a prescription to die when death is our physician."
Othello, Act 1, Scene 3
****

"Let me be that I am and seek not to alter me."
Much Ado About Nothing, Act 1, Scene 3
****

"Life's but a walking shadow,
A poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more:
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
Macbeth, Act 5, Scene 5
****

"There where my fortune lives, there my life dies."
King John, Act 3, Scene 1
****

"O excellent! I love long life better than figs."
Antony and Cleopatra, Act 1, Scene 2
****

"The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together."
All's Well That Ends Well, Act 4, Scene 3

#KSR_Post
6-3-2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

23rd April Happy #Shakespeare_Day! Let's pay a tribute to the true genius by remembering and sharing his quotes. I'm sharing a few here. Comment your favourite quotes too.

23rd April Happy #Shakespeare_Day! Let's pay a tribute to the true genius by remembering and sharing his quotes. I'm sharing a few h...